Saturday, July 01, 2006

The View from North Idaho - 1

From the bull pen:

When I came to North Idaho in 1992, I was stopped at the Montana border by the Idaho State Police. They asked if I carried any guns. I said "no", so they gave me one.

On the Washington border they were stopping cars with California plates and painting targets on them. That practice ended when the population reached 51 percent Californians.

Now Kootenai County, where I live, is 70% and growing. We're just Northern, Northern California. Only about 15 % are native Idahoans, the rest are other. I'm an other.

Along with the Californians came an (allegedly) racist group. Well trained in the use of guns, clubs, martial arts, and assorted forms of combat. They are retirees of the LAPD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home